Leeds Castle, Canterbury, Dover and Greenwich - with private tour at Leeds Castle and cruise (Value tour)
- Luxury coach tour through the heart of Kent to visit Leeds Castle, Dover and Canterbury
- Enjoy a private viewing of Leeds castle before it opens to the public included in the price
- Take a cruise on the River Thames and see the white cliffs of Dover
- Opportunity to purchase a fast track ticket to Canterbury Cathedral
Leeds Castle...private tour before the Castle opens to the public...
Described as the "loveliest castle in the world", Leeds Castle was once a Royal residence for six of Englands medieval queens, a palace of Henry VIII, and a retreat for the rich and powerful. The setting is simply idyllic. The Norman castle was built on two small islands, in the middle of a lake, and is surrounded by a vast estate. Our day begins with a private viewing prior to the castle opening to the public. We will explore the chapel, galleries, courtyards and banqueting hall before taking time to enjoy the setting and wildlife, which includes wildfowl and black swans.
You've heard of the famous white cliffs of Dover? This is your chance to see them. On a clear day you can even see France. Dover itself is an historic port with a magnificent 12th century castle.
Canterbury and cruise on the River Thames
The ancient city of Canterbury has been the centre of Christian worship for almost 1,700 years. Its greatest treasure is the cathedral, infamous as the setting for the brutal murder of Thomas Beckett in 1170. When Henry II snapped "Who will rid me of this turbulent priest?", four of his knights rode to the Cathedral and sliced Beckett's head off. Canterbury became the centre of one of the most important medieval pilgrimages in Europe, immortalised by Geoffrey Chaucer in The Canterbury Tales. Fast track entrance to the Cathedral can be bought on the day - alternatively enjoy some free time to explore the atmospheric old town. Finally we visit maritime Greenwich where we take short walking tour before joining a cruise that takes us all the way back to central London passing the O2,Tower Bridge, the Globe theatre and St. Paul's cathedral.
- Private viewing of Leeds Castle-before opens to the public
- Professional Guide
- Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
- Entry to Canterbury Cathedral
- Thames River Cruise from Greenwich to Embankment Pier
- Walking Tour of Greenwich
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop offs (the tour will finish in Central London at Embankment Pier close to Embankment Underground Station)
- This tour will finish at Embankment Pier at 7pm.
- During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
- Victoria Coach Station (Gate 18 - 20), 164 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, SW1W 9TP